Monday, September 19, 2011

My iPhone Journey

Yup, you've heard this story before. From the Mac Essentials blog. But what the heck, this is the iPhone Essentials blog and it has to have this same kind of "About" page. Here it goes.

To cut a long story short, I was able to use a Mac before I ever used a Windows computer. And then long before widgets and Android, I used Palm products. I think the natural transition from Palm was the iPhone (or iPod Touch). But then, I've had experienced the ease-of-use and the "cool" or "wow" factor or the "magic" of the 4th generation iPod and its click wheel, for about 2 years. And then I had a 3rd generation iPod nano for about a year.

And then 2010 came and my 4th Palm product (I've owned a Vx, Zire 72, Zire 72s, and finally a TX) was already becoming obsolete. But then I have had a slight career change, and I found myself able to afford an iPhone 4 (32Gb) as a replacement for a lost flip phone. I really gave it careful thought. And I haven't looked back since. And no, it's not because of what I call the "A-Syndrome" - i.e. the "I bought it already so I should just be happy with it, but actually I should always justify my purchase and be defensive about it when people question it" mentality. It is just beautiful, and it just works. I've already downloaded around 945 apps to it.

I think the timing was good also. I think the iPhone 4 is the best iPhone yet, and I don't think the iPhone 5 will be just as game-changing as the 4th gen iPhone.

This is me, paying it forward, by giving you what are the essential iPhone apps. Hopefully.

For any suggestions or comments, please contact me@ronjie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment